Since 1997 , Y&M Maintenance & Cleaning services has been the most recognized and trusted provider of, high quality cleaning and maintenance professionals and families all across Canada. Y&M Maintenance & Cleaning services provides cleaning and maintenance factories, retail stores , restaurants , apartments, condominiums, and townhomes . Y&M Maintenance & Cleaning services has over 30.000 customers in 10 cities across Canada.
The Customer Service Position we are looking to fill would be to cover Ottawa,will be working in primarily one part of town.
The schedule is Monday-Friday. Days usually start around 9 am and end of day 5 pm. If this interests you and you would like to discuss further, please provide a good time and number to call you at. Hope to hear from you soon!
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Handle project administration, including cost control, schedule control and change order administration
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- At least 5 years of home construction & building experience!
- Proven experience as a construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science, or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Do you live in Ottawa ? Please do not do application if you live outside of Ottawa.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)